This year, SEIF will be preceded by two "teaser" events.
- The subject of the first event, taking place on the 29th of May 2019 at the Accademia del Bello in Poggio, will be the sea and the exhaltation of its beauty through arts and literature. "The Words of the Sea and Those of Men", a dialogue about Raffallo Brignetti between the architect Paolo Ferruzzi and the poet Manrico Murzi.
- The second event, taking place on the 7th of June at the headquarters of the Tuscan Archipelago National Park, will instead focus on themes relating to economic development, more specifically the socio-economic scenarios foreseeable in the next 15 years and their possible impact on Italy as well as Elba in particular. The title of this second event is #Elba2035.
Focus on #Elba2035
The subject-matter of this event will rotate around a vision of Elba 15 years in the future, which should inspire a holistic approach towards the island's image and its potential, ensuring it is grounded on the best parameters of sustainability.
The debate will therefore touch upon administrative, urbanistic, touristic, economic and environmental topics, with a particular focus on the blue economy.
Among the active participants to this debate will be academic personalities, politicians, representatives of trade unions, professional associations, NGOs, public entities entrepreneurs and ordinary citizens, who will enrich the discussion through their direct contributions, questions and challenges to be debated.
What's the objective?
The objective of #Elba2035 is to understand to what extent the island of Elba (and by extension, all of the people, entities and activities it hosts and inspires) can base its future development and global competitiveness entirely upon the pillar of environmental sustainability, starting from acceptance of a plastic-free rationale, along with promotion of a circular economy and full development of the potential of electric energy. The idea is therefore to turn Elba into a symbol of healthy economic development for other coastal and insular communities, if not for the whole country. All this must begin from hearing the expectations of the active players who will play a crucial role in this debate.
The event will also have the purpose of reaching a series of fundamental conclusions which may anticipate the themes of the festival's first two themed evenings "Elba Plastic Free: From Plastic Islands to Islands Without Plastic" and "Parks and Protected Marine Environments: Current State and Future Scenarios", thus representing a starting point also for the speakers.
Structure of the Event
The event - centred around two main characteristics: multi-disciplinary approach and multi-stakeholder logic - is subdivided into three sections.
During the first part of the event, the theme will be analysed through the point of view of guest speakers from various sectors and disciplines, such as economics, sustainability and sociology.
The second part will take place in the form of a multi-stakeholder panel, whose purpose will be to strive for the direct involvement and communication of all guests and participants.
The third and last part will instead focus on the dialogue and debate between all speakers, guests and participants.
First Part: Narration
9.00 - 10.30: Opening presentation and interventions by guest speakers.
The World in 2035: Economic, Social and Environmental Scenarios.
- Andrea Sartori - Senior consultant at Altis - Alta Scuola Impresa e Società, Università Cattolica of Milan: "Sustainable Development Strategies for Companies and Public Entities, and Planning of Shared Local Community Development Processes"
- Andrea Vettori- Vice-Chief of the Environment DG of the European Commission: "Environmental Context and Legislation in 2035"
- Monica Fabris - President of Episteme: "Essential Traits of Society in 2035".
10.30 - 11.00: coffee break
Second Part: Listening
11.00 - 12.00: A moment to listen to the concerns local stakeholders, administrators, entrepreneurs, and representatives of various entities and associations.
Third Part: Dialogue
12.00 - 13.00: Multi-stakeholder forum. Debate and dialogue between speakers and stakeholders.